About Harvest Family Church

HFC is a vibrant, contagious community of believers in Jesus Christ, filled with love for God, and His Spirit, His word and one another; with a mission to go and give that love away to whomever they encounter. John 13:34-35; John 17:20-23; Mark 16:15-16.

Monday, July 21, 2008

The Seed of Purpose

5. The Seed of Purpose

Remember in Alice in Wonderland, when Alice comes to the junction in the road that leads in different directions and she asks the Cheshire-Cat for advice? “Cheshire-Puss… Would you please tell me which way I ought to go from here?
That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,” said the Cat.
“I don’t much care where____” said Alice.
Then it doesn’t matter which way you go,” said the Cat.

The grinning feline spoke words of truth, didn’t he?

If we don’t know where we want to go, then any road will take us there---and it doesn’t matter what we do in life.

I believe that God has given each one of us a purpose in life; He not only gave us that purpose but He also gave us the ability to achieve that purpose.

Psalm 139:13-16 For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvellous are Your works and that my soul knows very well.
My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skilfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth
Your eyes saw my substance being yet unformed. And in your book they were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them.
Without purpose (vision) in life the Bible said we will perish (be made useless)(cast off restraint)(run wild) or we have nothing motivating us, keeping us on track. Proverbs 29:18

No comments: