About Harvest Family Church

HFC is a vibrant, contagious community of believers in Jesus Christ, filled with love for God, and His Spirit, His word and one another; with a mission to go and give that love away to whomever they encounter. John 13:34-35; John 17:20-23; Mark 16:15-16.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Seed of Perspective

10. The Seed of Perspective

I’d Rather Watch a Winner

I’d rather watch a winner, than hear one any day,
I’d rather have one walk with me than merely show the way.
The eye’s a better pupil and more willing than the ear;
Fine counsel is confusing, but examples always clear.
And the best of all the coaches are the ones who live their creeds;
For to see the good in action is what everybody needs.
I can soon learn how to do it if you’ll let me see it done;
I can watch your hands in action, but your tongue too fast may run.
And the lectures you deliver may be very wise and true;
But I’d rather get my lessons by observing what you do.
For I may misunderstand you and the high advice you give;
But there’s no misunderstanding how you act and how you live.
I’d rather watch a winner, than hear one any day!

Summary

The Seeds of Greatness are the responses or attitudes you develop as a result of “seeing” the world more clearly, you see yourself as valuable and your self-esteem grows stronger. Seeing clearly enables your imagination to create and soar. Seeing more clearly gives you the understanding that you are responsible for learning as much and contributing as much as you can to life.
When you see life within, you see wisdom, purpose, and faith as cornerstones of you family’s foundation. You see through the eyes of love and reach out and touch all those with whom you come in contact. Seeing from within is having the courage to adapt to change and to persevere when the odds seem overwhelming. Seeing from within is to believe that beauty and goodness are worth planting every day.

No comments: